"Boundaries don't protect rivers, people do." --Aristotle
Mark your calendars for the 2nd annual susquehanna valley watershed festival!
Saturday, July 29, 2023
10:30 - 3:30
Briar creek lake park, berwick
On July 30, 2022, the CCCD assisted the watershed organizations in Columbia County with hosting the First Annual Susquehanna Valley Watershed Festival at CARA Park in Catawissa. Below is a wonderful feature article and video written and created by POWR and PEC to highlight the event!
The Conservation District works with four volunteer watershed groups in our county. These groups are dedicated to protecting and conserving the county's natural resources. Follow the links below to learn more about each group and how to get involved.
- Briar Creek: Briar Creek Association for Watershed Solutions, Ben Franek - President
- Catawissa Creek: Catawissa Creek Restoration Association, Ed Wytovich - President
- Fishing Creek: Fishing Creek Watershed Association, Linda Dietrichson - President
- Roaring Creek: Roaring Creek Valley Conservation Association, Daniel Brassington - President
Source Water Protection Group
- Columbia-Montour Coalition for Source Water Protection, Jen Whisner - President
If you would like to get involved in conservation of your watershed, contact:
Aaron Eldred at 570.317.9478 or email@example.com
Abby Frey at 570-317-9491 or firstname.lastname@example.org